Vancouver is a modern cosmopolitan European-style city, close to pristine nature. The city is surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, the towering snow-capped Coastal Mountain and green forests. Vancouver is big on food, arts and every second person seems to have their own boutique brewery. The greater Vancouver area is home to 2.5 million people. It’s big, but still has that open friendly Canadian charm. Canadians like to talk. That’s great for your English. When you have had enough of downtown you can join other students at Global Village Vancouver on regular trips to Victoria Island , Vancouver Island , the USA (Seattle), Whistler ski resort, and the Rocky Mountains. The ski season is roughly from December to May. The school even organises salmon fishing and whale-watching trips.
This is a school with a great buzz. It’s dynamic and modern. Everybody is keen to develop their English and discover Canada. The school offers a wide range of English courses including courses for students 30 years and older, and all the Cambridge exams including the CPE. The Global Village group of schools is owned and managed by a group of former teachers. They will go out of their way to help you succeed.
- Homestay: With friendly, Canadian families; managed directly by the school. Most homestays are about 40 - 50 mins by public transit (bus, metro and sea-bus) from the school.
- Other accommodation: Residence hotels and furnished apartments are within a 20-minute walk or less from the school campuses.
- General English: (Full-Time: 21 hours per week; Intensive: 25 hours; Part-Time: 16.5 hours) - emphasis on communicative skills
- IELTS exam preparation (GV Vancouver is an official IELTS Test Centre)
- Cambridge English exam preparation: FCE, CAE and CPE (GV Vancouver is an official Cambridge ESOL Test Centre)
- General English plus English for Business options
- 30+ Programme: classes and activities geared to older students
- English for Academic Purposes (GV pathways to colleges and universities in Canada and the US)
- Teen Activity Program: Summer and Winter classes and activities for ages 12-17
- English Plus (Add to your West Coast experience with farmstay, whale–watching or Northern Lights adventure trips and more…)
- VSO School of Music; English plus Private Music Lessons with outstanding senior teachers
- Max class size: 15 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Minimum Age: 16+ for adult programs
- Lessons are 50 minutes
- 40 classrooms: all have wifi internet access
- Student lounges, café area w/ vending machines; games tables; outside terrace area at Robson Campus
- Dedicated teaching staff exceeds required standards with advanced degrees and additional qualifications.
- Language labs and free Wi-Fi
- Very diverse student population; over 20 different countries represented each session
- Fully accredited by provincial, national and international regulatory bodies.
- Activities scheduled every weekday afternoon/evening and on most weekends
- Professional hockey, soccer, football
- Theatre, symphony concerts, popular Vancouver sites like Stanley Park and Granville Island
- Weekend trips to the Rocky Mountains , Seattle in the USA, Victoria and the wild Pacific Coast at Tofino
The Language House likes
Vancouver is such a cool city. It’s easy to live in. Our students find the total GV experience—the courses, activities and accommodation—a quality and very positive experience.