Toronto is Canada’s largest city. It is the nation’s business and cultural capital. Toronto has a population of five million—one sixth of total population. The climate is warm in summer but temperatures fall well below 0°C in winter. It’s quite a bit colder than Vancouver. Toronto is said to be the most multicultural city on the planet—over 140 languages are spoken. It's estimated that over half of Toronto's residents were born outside Canada. When the weather is fine, Toronto is a vibrant city buzzing with activity. Winter in Toronto can be challenging.
Toronto is the biggest city in canada and the peicentre of business and culture. The Glocal Village English school in the centre of the city is located on both major subway lines, next to the Royal Ontario Museum and the University of Toronto. You will be close to the best the city offers.
- Homestay: Live with a Canadian family to experience a new culture and practise your speaking. The school has a matching process to place each student with the right homestay. Most homestays are about 40 - 50 mins by public transit from the school.
- Other accommodation: Downtown furnished apartments and student residences. Book early for best availability.
- General English: (Standard: 16.7 hours per week, Intensive: 20.8 hours; Super-Intensive: 25.0 hours;) - emphasis on speaking skills
- IELTS Test Preparation (GV Toronto is an official IELTS Test Centre)
- Cambridge English Exam Preparation: FCE, CAE and CPE (GV Toronto is an official Cambridge English Test Centre)
- General English and English for Business elective classes
- EAP: English for Academic Purposes (GV pathways to colleges and universities in Canada and the US)
- Teen Activity Program: Summer and Winter classes and activities for ages 12-17
- English plus activity add-ns (Take lessons with our partner institutions in hockey, tennis, golf, dancing, flower arrangement and makeup artistry)
- Max class size: 16 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Minimum Age: 16+ for adult programs
- Lessons are 50 minutes
- 27 classrooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Two large student lounges with table tennis, billiards and student computers
- Dedicated instructors have an average of 12 years of experience at Global Village Toronto
- Diverse student population; more than 25 different countries represented each session
- Fully accredited by provincial, national and international regulatory bodies.
French nationals aged between 18 and 35 can apply for working holiday visa and also study English. It is more complicated for Swiss nationals who must apply for a work permit.
- Minimum 20 different activities offered in every 4-week session
- Professional hockey, soccer, football and basketball
- Winter: ice skating at City Hall, snowboarding, Winterlicious food festival, staff vs. student floor hockey
- Summer: Toronto Island, beach volleyball, soccer, Kensington Market picnic, graffiti alley photography tour
- Weekend bus trips to Niagara Falls, Ottawa and Quebec, New York City, Washington DC and Chicago
The Language House likes
Toronto is one of the most multi-cultural cities in the word. It’s a rich mix which mean you have easy access to fabulous food, theatre, music and shopping. Don’t forget to check out Graffiti Alley.