Manly is a beautiful beach-side suburb of northern Sydney. It is a 20 minute ferry ride to the city centre.
Manly has plenty of beaches with kilometres of golden sands, including one of Sydney’s best surf beaches. Our school is just a three-minute-walk from the main beach. You can go for a swim and surf before or after school or even at lunchtime. Jump on a bike. There are more than 20 kilometres of bicycle tracks around Manly. Not too bad, eh?
The Language House likes Little Manly Beach (a 10 minute walk from Manly centre) for a quiet swim and a picnic on the sand.
The city centre is a bustling metropolis of shops, cafes and restaurants. Manly offers Sydney beach–side living at its best—comfortable and relaxed.
SEA is a medium-size boutique school of between 150 and 200 students in the lovely beach centre Manly. Manly is home to one of Sydney’s best and most beautiful surf beaches. If you are a slow walker, it takes four minutes to get to the beach from the school. Play beach volleyball after school. Learn to surf.
Great location. Great surf. Brilliant beach.
SEA is run by a super-friendly couple, Mick Edwards and Samantha Milton, both passionate teachers who have realised their dream of running an English language school.
Their mission is simple: to provide excellence in English language tuition whilst providing students with a home away from home. Their mantra is Belong, Enjoy, Succeed.
They have no ambitions to become one of the biggest schools in Sydney. They have created a school with a personalised and friendly service where everyone knows everyone’s name.
SEA was established in 2001 and is a member of the respected International Association of Language Centres (IALC) .
- SEA Manly is 15 minutes by fast ferry or 25 minutes by normal ferry from the city centre.
- Three minutes on foot to one of the world’s great beaches.
- The school is surrounded by cool cafes and shops.
- Homestay: average travel time 20 minutes
- Manly Bunkhouse: 10 min walk to school
- Sydney Beachouse: 30 minutes by bus from school
- General English
- Cambridge exam FCE and CAE
- English and Learn to Surf
- English plus Scuba Diving
- General English: 25 hours per week—22 hours face to face + 3 hours of conversation class and supervised study
- Part-time: 15 hours per week
- Max class size: 15 students GE and 13 Cambridge
- Average class size: 12 General English and 11 Cambridge exams
- School size: small-medium 100-150 students
- 8 classrooms
- Kitchen and lounge area
- Information and travel desk
- Beach 100 metres from school
- Job information and advice
- Demi-pair work
- The school runs Work Plus programme
- The school helps students find paid and volunteer jobs
- Beach volleyball
- Beach barbecues
- Surfing courses
- Weekend excursions
- Fish and chips on the beach
- Film nights
The Language House likes
Manly’s beaches are fabulous. Manly is one of the great places to swim, surf or just hang out, watch the sea gulls and the surfers and eat some fish and chips in the sun…. All of this just a three-minute walk from the school. SEA Manly is a friendly school where everyone knows you by your first name.