San Diego is called America's Finest City. It’s located in the very south of sunny California, not far from the Mexican border. The city centre is on beautiful San Diego Harbour . It’s a water city. With lots of nearby attractions. San Diego has a wonderful climate, sunny blue skies, and beautiful beaches, islands, and peninsulas. It is modern, safe and clean and attracts people from all over the world. San Diego’s sunny days mean you can sail, swim, surf, and play golf and tennis all year-round.
The CISL San Diego campus is in the city centre near public transportation. It’s very easy to get to. The school offers a great choice of programmes including the Cambridge exams FCE and CAE. The school is a short walk from the Big Bay , San Diego's Waterfront. Stroll along the Embarcadero and enjoy the view of beautiful Coronado Island . The school is only a short walk to the Westfield Horton Plaza shopping district, the historic Gaslamp Quarter , and the new baseball stadium. Balboa Park and the world-famous San Diego Zoo are also nearby.
- City centre
- 10 minutes walk to the ocean
- Homestay: Most homestays are about 25–40 minutes by public transport
- Student residences: Some are two minutes on foot from the school and others a 15 minute walk.
- Standard English
- Intensive English
Certified Cambridge Testing Centre offering exams 4 times per year
- Cambridge English: First Certificate Preparation (FCE)
- Cambridge English: Advanced Certificate Preparation (CAE)
- Conversational English
- Business English
- English for Academic Purposes
- IELTS Preparation
- TOEFL Preparation
- Executive English (4 students maximum per class)
- Career English (8 weeks of ESL followed by an 8-week placement at a local business)
- Academic Year Program (16 weeks of ESL followed by one semester at American College)
- Pathway Program (provides student admission to accredited, reputable American colleges or universities)
- Private lessons
- Max class size: 8 students 4 for Executive English
- Average class size: 7 students
- School capacity: 205 Students on main campus; 136 in annex location
- Average age: 26
- Minimum age: 18
- 45 years of teaching experience
- Interactive Teaching Method
- Levels from basic to advanced
- Balanced mix of nationalities
- English Courses 28 lessons or 20 lessons (morning or afternoon)
- Programs available with or without student visa
- Lessons are 50 minutes
- 26 classrooms
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Student Lounge and large lobby for gathering
Career English (8 weeks of ESL followed by 8 weeks placement at a local business) - this is not an internship or job skills program; this is designed to improve English in a real-life setting.
The Language House likes
The amazing weather and great location. San Diego has a comfortable climate year-round. The temperature stays around 25.5°C in summer and just 15.5°C in the colder months. Sunny San Diego is minutes away from the beaches, mountains, desert, Los Angeles, Disneyland, and Mexico with easy weekend trips to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon.