Worcester is a great choice for professional people who don’t want to be in a big city full of tourists and French speakers. Most inhabitants of Worcester are native-English speaking permanent residents. The small number of tourists are British people visiting the cathedral , or Americans interested in the role Worcester played during the 17th century English Civil War .
The city has good restaurants, pubs, bars, cinemas, theatre, excellent shops, and is surrounded by glorious English countryside and the beautiful Malvern Hills . It’s a city where you can breathe.
Kingsway is the only English language school in the city. The centre has an excellent choice of top quality homestays, all within walking distance of the city centre.
There are regular direct trains from Worcester to London Paddington, (just over 2 hours), perfect for a day trip in London. The nearest airport is Birmingham (direct flights from Geneva).
Kingsway is a small, personalized training centre for mature professional people. The centre is in a spacious and elegant Georgian building in the city centre. It’s designed for mature, professional people who want high-quality courses to take their English to the next level.
The minimum age of students is 25, the average age is 44. Most are on short courses (usually 2–4 weeks). The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the directors, Sue and Rick Johns, are ever–present and closely involved with their clients. Those who come to Kingsway are motivated. Their training course is an important investment. Everyone has high expectations of making progress with their English and enjoying themselves. Kingsway delivers.
- Worcester (pronounced Wooster) is in the in the heart of England near Birmingham with easy access to London and other parts of the UK.
- Kingsway is in the city centre on the River Severn, surrounded by green countryside.
- Homestay: 3 categories including executive with a private bathroom. All homestays within walking distance (average 15-20 minute walk).
- Self-catering apartments: stylish and well-maintained 2-bedroom apartments owned by Kingsway and only 200 metres from school.
- General English Group: 4 different levels from elementary to upper-intermediate (max 6 people)
- Business English Group: broad intermediate level
- Combination of General English and Business English Groups
- 1:1 courses
- General or Business English groups combined with 1:1 lessons
- 4–week IELTS preparation courses on fixed dates throughout year
- Family Courses during 4 weeks of Kingsway Summer School (for teenagers)
- Max class size: 6 students (General English) and 4 students (Business English)
- Average class size: 3 students (General English) and 2 students (Business English)
- School capacity: 35
- Average age: 44
- Minimum age: 25
- 1 lesson = 90 minutes
- Course hours per week: 30 hours, 22.5 hours or 15 hours.
- 12 classrooms
- Media servers in all classrooms
- Self-access study centre
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Free networking buffet in school every Monday (or in a restaurant during quiet months) for all students and staff including the school’s directors.
- Free pronunciation class every Monday from 16:45–17:30.
- Social programme tailored on a weekly basis to students in school
- The centre’s social manager accompanies student on all trips
- Tried and tested itineraries for students wanting unaccompanied trips
- Visit Stratford-on-Avon , Warwick Castle , the Cotswolds , Oxford and Bath - all within an hour or so of Worcester
The Language House likes
Kingsway has an intimate, family feel. The directors, Sue and Rick, are hands–on and are obsessed with client service and quality. Worcester is full of history and character and has a very English feel to it. Yes, an authentic experience ‘très anglaise’.