The Language House offers English courses in Geneva and language travel courses all around the English-speaking world. The Language House gives private and small group English courses, both in-company and in its offices in the centre of Geneva.
Our goal is to increase your confidence and fluency in English as quickly as possible. We create a friendly, but serious environment where you can develop your English. Fun, but challenging.
Classes are tailored to the clients’ language needs so that newly acquired language skills can be quickly transferred to the workplace.
Our clients come from all walks of life: lawyers, bankers, psychologists, midwives, accountants, public servants, academics, company directors, students, restauranteurs, relationships managers, real estate directors, journalists, traders and IT staff.
The Language House is an active player in the promotion of English language learning in Switzerland. Director Garry Littman writes regularly for the leading Swiss business magazine Bilan and writes and records podcasts for the Swiss national English broadcaster, World Radio Switzerland.
- The Language House is in Geneva, next to the French border on Lake Leman
- The Language House offices are in Rue du Stand next to the city’s bank and finance quarter and a five minute walk from the centre of Geneva
- Professional English
- Private Lessons
- English for Companies
- English Conversation
- English for Lunch
- Immersion Courses
- Cambridge exam preparation (PET, FCE, CAE and CPE)
- IELTS exam preparation (Academic and General)
- English for Job Interviews
- English for Writing
- English for Hospitality
- English for Journalists
- English for Healthcare Professionals
The Language House teaches both in-company and its training centre offices
Lessons range from one lesson (1.5 hours) per week to eight lessons (12 hours) per week
- Max class size: 4 students
- Average class size: 2–3 students
- Private lessons: The Language House specialises in private 1:1 language training for professional people
- Average Age: 40
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course content is based on the client’s need and objectives
- Lessons are usually 90 minutes
Something extra about your courses
At The language House, we do much more that teach English. We open windows and doors into the Anglo-Saxon culture. Our lessons are fun and often fascinating: We touch on subjects such as Klingon , Jamie Oliver , Downtown Abbey , the ‘n–word’ , the Boston Tea Party , witches and witchcraft , US politics , Sir Isaac Newton , pirates and piracy , Roger Federer , Artificial Intelligence and the history of bankruptcy and much more.