Frances King is one of London’s best known and most respected English schools. Frances King has taught more than 200,000 students over the last 40 years. The main school is in Kensington , a fashionable and comfortable quarter in central London. It is close to Kensington Palace , the Science Museum , the Design Museum and the department store Harrods . It’s a good place to play spot-the-celebrity in the many cafes, bars, restaurants and shops.
Frances King offer as great range of courses as well as social, sporting and cultural activities most afternoons and evenings so you can meet lots of other students and get to know London. It’s a big school with a wide range of programmes. Many of our students follow long-term academic programmes at Frances King and then go on to study in a London university.
- Kensington, central London
- Close to just about everything
- Homestay: Zone 2 and 3. Average commuting time: 40 mins
- Student residences: 2 regular residences—Mansion Chelsea (15 min walk) & Pure Hammersmith (15 mins by underground)
- General English courses: Intensive English for Everyday 23.3 hours per week morning and early afternoon
- Beginner’s English: in the morning
- Academic Year Programmes: 25–52 weeks
- IELTS Preparation: all year and 4-week courses in summer
- Cambridge English Preparation: FCE & CAE all year and 4-week courses in summer
- Club 8: only 5-8 students per class for professionals aged 24 and above
- Family programmes: for children and their parents
- London teenager programme: residential summer camp
- One–to–One private lesson and One–to–Two lessons
- Max class size: 15 students (8 for Club 8 Courses)
- Average class size: 12 students (5 for Club 8 Courses)
- School capacity: 600 students
- Average Age: 24 (over 35 for Club 8 courses)
- Minimum Age: 16+ (24+ for Club 8 courses)
- Standard 16.6 hours mornings only
- Afternoon 15 hours only.
- Evening lessons also available
- Lessons are 50 minutes
- 52 classrooms
- Self-access study centre
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Café / lounge / communal areas
- Interactive whiteboards in all classrooms
- Student books / DVDs / textbooks
- Student Services Office
English Plus Internship: For Swiss and French from the age of 18 to 30. Unpaid work in a London company.
- Six activities every week: one every weekday and one in the weekend
- Guided walking tours in London: Harry Potter walk, Beatles walk, Thames River walk and many others
- Visits to galleries, museums, Parliament and the BBC
- Evening activities including pub night with teachers, restaurants and music venues
- Speaking skills and other language workshops
- Weekend excursions to Brighton, Oxford, Cambridge, and more…
The Language House likes
Frances King is located right in the heart of trendy London. There are lots of study options including full day, morning, afternoon or evening. Frances King is an excellent starting point if you need to improve your academic English and get a 6.5 or 7.0 in your IELTS exam to get into a London university.