Studio Cambridge is the oldest English Language school in Cambridge. It is also the largest. The school is only a 15-minute walk from Cambridge’s historic city centre and a 2-minute walk to the train station. Studio Cambridge is an independent school, not part of a chain of schools. It has an excellent reputation for personal care and attention. Feedback from our students has always been extremely positive. The school is a long-time member of our favourite association of schools—IALC .
- Cambridge is 45 minutes by train, north of London.
- Studio Cambridge is walking distance to the city centre and train station.
- Homestay: Most homestays are a maximum of 30 minutes’ commute by bus, bicycle, or walking
- Student residence: A 10-minute walk from the main school
- Intensive General English course - 28 lessons (21 hours) per week
- Standard General English course - 20 lessons (15 hours) per week
- IELTS - 28 exam preparation course
- Cambridge English exam preparation course - (21 hours) per week - CAE and FCE exams
- Max class size: 16 students
- Average class size: 13 students
- School capacity: 250 students
- Average Age: 22
- Minimum Age: 16+ for full time courses and 18+ for part-time courses
- All lessons are 90 minutes
- 22 classrooms
- Learning centre with library and multimedia facilities
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Student café serving hot and cold lunches Monday - Friday
- Director of Studies office, accommodation office, student services department, and welfare department all on-site
At least five afternoon activities and one evening activity offered each week
Weekend excursions available
The Language House likes
Studio Cambridge offer a real ‘Cambridge experience’. The school is in a lovely old Harry Potteresque building close to one of Europe’s oldest universities. Go punting on the river after school. Remember the story about the apple that fell on a man’s head and the law of gravity? Yes, Sir Isaac Newton as well as Charles Darwin studied at the University of Cambridge .