The London School of English is one of the world leaders in professional English training. We’ve been sending Swiss and French professionals here since 2001.
There are two professional training centres—one in comfortable Holland Park, London, and a second in the historic city of Canterbury about one hour east of London.
Experienced trainers, excellent client services and comfortable accommodation… few training centres are in the same league as The London School of English.
The London School of English is the longest-established officially accredited school in Britain. Founded in 1912, it has unrivalled experience. It is small enough to provide a personal service, but large enough to have excellent facilities and resources.
It has a range of courses for CEOs and managers and less business focused professionals such as lawyers, engineers, and journalists. The school’s client list contains the world’s leading companies in banking and finance, technology, communication, manufacturing and international organisations.
Holland Park campus
The Holland Park Gardens campus is the flagship school – a dedicated centre for mature adults focusing on general and professional English training. The average age of clients is 37. The Language House has worked closely with managing director Hauke Tallon and owner Timothy Blake since 2002. We have placed hundreds of professional people from leading swiss companies into a variety of intensive professional courses led by experienced mature trainers. We believe, unequivocally, Holland Park offers the best professional and general English training for mature clients in all of London. You will develop practical English that can be used in your workplace. We know time away from your work is precious. We also know the results come quickly at the London School of English.
- Holland Park, Zone 2, East London, Central line
- Quiet, comfortable, leafy London suburb
- 15 minutes to the centre of London
- Homestays: Gold and Silver homestay with options of private bathrooms with or without evening meals. Usually no more than a 30-minute journey from the school and often much less.
- Student residence: a 25-minute walk from the school
- Serviced apartments: a 3-minute walk from the school
- Hotels: A 4-minute walk from the school
- Business and Professional English 30+
- General English 30+
- Legal English 30+
- English for Human Resources
- English for the Public Sector
- Individual Training
- English for Specific Purposes
- Voice Training & Accent Modification
- Legal English 20-30
- TOLES Preparation
- Intercultural Competence Combination
- Global Leadership Combination
- Max class size: 6 students (8 for General English 30+, 10 for Legal English 20-30 and TOLES)
- Average class size: 5 students (6 for General English 30+, 8 for Legal English 20-30 and TOLES)
- School capacity: 140 students
- Average Age: 37
- Minimum Age: 20 (Legal English 20-30 and TOLES), 30 (all other courses)
- Hours per week: 22 hours (General English 30+), 24 hours per week (Legal English 30+ and TOLES) 30 hours per week (all other courses)
- Number of Training Rooms: 28
- computer room
- high-speed wifi
- fax and photocopying services
- journal and reference books
- multimedia projectors and audio and video facilities in every classroom
- self-study rooms
- tea and coffee facilities
Two London social programmes—one for Westcroft Square and one for our mature clients at Holland Park Gardens. Students can choose to attend either social programme.
The Language House likes
The London School of English in Kensington is definitely the best London option for professional English training for busy working people. The centre is professional and comfortable. The trainers are highly experienced. Clients services are second to none. If you haven’t got a lot of time, then this is the right investment for the maximum return on your English. Many of our clients go back a second time.