A well-established school which occupies three historic buildings in the middle of the city in a lovely green park. Languages International is a serious school ideal for longer-term studies and students who want to pass a Cambridge exam, such as the FCE, CAE or CPE. The school is also a teacher training centre.
On your first day, you will meet a school counsellor who speaks your language. The school also has an excellent Learning Centre which is staffed by teachers and open to all students during the school week.
The school was established in 1978, making it the older English language school in Auckland.
- Auckland on the North island
- Albert Park, in the city centre, opposite Auckland University.
- Homestay: 30–40 minutes by bus from school
- Student residences: 3 student residence options within 10 minutes’ walk of school, with a range of single, double and shared 3-bedroom apartments with either kitchens and en-suites or shared facilities.
- General English
- English for Business
- English for University
- Cambridge exams: First, Advanced and Proficiency.
- IELTS preparation
- General English: 20 hours (full–time) or 10 hours (part–time) plus 3 hours of guided individual learning per week
- Max class size: 14 students General English; 12 students in exam classes
- Average class size: 10 students
- School size: medium 150–250 students
- 25 classrooms
- Computer and wifi
- Learning Centre for individual study
Students taking courses of 14 weeks or longer on a Student Visa can work up to 20 hours a week while they study. Students with a French passport can work studyx and travel for one year on a Working Holiday Visa. Part time work is not too difficult to find for motivated students. Our school has a Work New Zealand programme for students who feel they need extra support in finding a job, and an Internship programme for young professionals seeking experience.
Regular activities include football matches with other schools, sailing, surfing, museums and galleries. On the weekend you can tour the North Island of New Zealand to see dolphins in the Bay of Islands, walk in geothermal fields and bathe in the hot pools of Rotorua, or visit Hobbiton, the Lord of the Rings film-set about two hours south of Auckland.
The Language House likes
A highlight, stand-out programme or service offered by the school: Beautiful location in a green park in the city centre. Language International is known for its rigorous Cambridge exam preparation programmes. Feedback from our students is always five stars. You can do your CAE exam and meet Frodo and an orc.